East Japan Carbon Co., Ltd. recognizes the importance of personal information obtained from stakeholders and considers that protecting it is the basis of our business activities, and we also consider it one of the most important management issues. In order to provide reliable, safe and trust services to our customer, we have enacted the following basic policies, making them known and understood to all employee and complied with it.
1. Basic policy
- We will comply with the Personal Information Protection Law and other related laws and regulations. In addition, we will establish company rules regarding the protection of personal information (hereinafter referred to as our regulations), implement and maintain them, and strive for continuous improvement.
- We will establish a management system for the protection of personal information, make our regulations known to officers and employees, and make every effort to comply with them.
- We will handle your personal information within the scope of the purpose of use specified to the customer. We will not disclose or provide any personal information to third parties without the consent of the customer or appropriate cause.
- We keep personal information accurate and up-to-date, and strive to prevent unauthorized access, leakage, loss, and damage of personal information, and continuously improve and correct information security.
- We will respond sincerely and promptly to inquiries and requests for disclosure, etc. from customers regarding personal information.
Established on August 8, 1969
East Japan Carbon Co., Ltd.
2. Intended Use of Personal Information
We clearly indicate in advance the purpose of using personal information when we obtain personal information from customers, and shall use the information within the stated purpose of use. We will notify the customer and obtain the permission before using the customer’s personal information when we need to use the information other than stated purpose of use. Details of our purpose of using personal information are as follows.
- Personal information of Customers
- Business negotiations or meetings with customers
- Shipment of products or documents
- Sending information about services or events
- Provision of customer support or maintenance
- Responses to inquiries and consultations
- Provision of various membership services
- Development of services, conduct of questionnaire surveys, implementation of monitoring
- Execution of contracts
- Personal Information of Applicants for Employment
- Provision of recruitment information to and communication with applicants for employment (including internships)
- Management of employment-related data
3. Appropriate Collection of personal information
We will collect your personal information by appropriate and fair methods.
4. Providing Information to third Parties
- We will not provide your personal information to any third party except in the following cases.
- If customer’s consent has been obtained
- When required by law
- If it is necessary for protection of the life, body or property of humans when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- When entrusting the handling of personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- When business is succeeded due to merger, company split, business transfer or other reasons
- Regardless of (1) above, when it is deemed that our services and inquiries for the customers can be more appropriately responded by East Carbon Japan affiliate or distributor, we may provide the customer’s, address, name, telephone number and other information to the affiliate or distributor. In this case, the customer can request us to stop using his/her personal information.
5. Inquiries Concerning Personal Data
For requests for the disclosure, correction, deletion of your personal information, please contact us using the inquiry form.
- About access information, this site may collect access log information in order to provide better services. The acquisition of access logs is not intended to identify your personal information.